Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mommy, I can't keep helping you with these things...

In an effort to get Matt Matt to learn his ABC's, we tend to sing the ABC Song to him a LOT. He'll participate if you pause and pretend like you forgot the letters. So I sing "A, B, C, D..." and he'll fill in "E, F, GEE!" and so forth. Pronunciation's all over the place, but he's pretty much got the order down pat, not too shabby for 2 1/2.

Well, yesterday, he'd obviously had his fill with the ABC Song, because when I paused after D, he said, "Mommy sing ABC song all by herself. Matt Matt no help Mommy any more." I about died laughing. The way he said it was classic, like "Jeez, Mommy, you need to get with the program and learn these things! I can't keep helping you out like this all the time."

0 comments: