Sunday, August 10, 2008

Trapped by an oak tree

The day before we leave, I'm packing my suitcase in the bedroom while Matthew naps in his Pack N Play in the bunkroom, and James is watching TV or playing videogames. I'm looking out this window, when I hear a loud groaning sound and see an oak tree very slowly and gracefully fall over and block the driveway.

Thankfully, the neighbors were out on their porch at the time and heard it too. I heard someone say, "What the hell was THAT?" and a few moments later I hear footsteps in the woods. I tell James what happened and he goes out to investigate. Good thing the neighbors have a chainsaw.

We called the rental agency to let them know and the neighbor said he was good friends with the owner and would call him directly. It was kind of touch and go as to whether the small tree that the oak had collapsed on would actually hold it up through the night.




Thankfully, it did, and we were able to leave without further incident.


Bye, Lazy Bear Lodge! It was fun. We may be back...

1 comments:

Kristin (kekis) said...

It all looks like such a wonderful vacation! Playing in the water, playing with food, puppy poopy, the wine, the gorgeous scenery - all of it!