Sunday, April 6, 2008

Finally finished the table and chairs

Not thrilled with the way the blue paint turned out (looks like some strange wash effect that doesn't quite cover up the wood) but the rest of it looks great, including the chalkboard top. It looks all dusty because it is. You are supposed to rub the side of a piece of chalk on the surface and rub it in to get a whole layer of chalk dust down. Supposed to make it easier to erase. We shall see. The first thing I noticed was I needed to get a large size placemat for it! Any oil from food gets all over it and looks terrible.


Can't get Matthew to sit at it for more than about 15 seconds, but that's to be expected these days, I think. Patience is not his strong suit. :-)

1 comments:

Chris said...

That is one cute chair/table set!