Sunday, March 23, 2008

Carbon monoxide detectors!

The night James was coming home from China, Matthew and I were reading his bedtime stories (his Thomas the Tank Engine books these days) when we hear this sharp chirp coming from the doorway - the carbon monoxide detector! Gave me a coronary. Thankfully it was only the low battery warning... but I had to sling Matthew into his crib and run downstairs for the ladder and spare batteries. Drag the ladder upstairs, get up the ladder, find out I've grabbed the wrong batteries (all the smoke detectors are 9V, but not the CO2!) so downstairs again for new ones. Where are husbands when you need them?!? (flying to Springfield, MO since DFW had canceled all landings due to high winds) and the whole time Matthew is laying in his crib shouting "BEEP BEEP BEEP"

Almost a week later and he still points at it and says, "BEEP BEEP BEEP".

0 comments: